Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reflection 7

This school semester has been relatively easy to handle. I am only taking a couple classes so there is really nothing to stress over. Deadlines could be easily met, so it has been up to me to do the work and meet them. And in this, I have learned one very important thing about myself: I am incredibly lazy. If ever there were an organized group of procrastinators (which would be impossible given that nothing would ever be done), I would be among the elite. This has no longer become a foible. It is a personal trait or characteristic. I know that saying these things will only reassure my brain into thinking that there is nothing I can do to change this, but I believe I am only reassuring myself that a change is, indeed, in order. I know for a fact that if I stop being so lazy, I can lead a better and healthier academic life. I will not have to lose hours of precious sleep finishing papers or projects due the next day. A life without losing any sleep is definitely a life I would love to have.
There are a lot of things I need to change in order to become less lazy. It will probably take some growing accustomed to, but in the end I know it will be good for my academic career. I will have to do, or at least start, my homework the day it is assigned. That way I can do my work efficiently and thoroughly. Well completed work is definitely better than just completed work. I should carry around an organizer to school. I will be able to know exactly when certain things are due, and maybe I could map out certain hours of the day dedicated to doing the work. So far I think working on just these things will help me get a great start on my goal. I really hope everything works out. I am really starting to hate being so lazy and procrastinating all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment